8th Annual Christmas Jazz Concert
Category : Events
Dixon Transition Society is thrilled to present our 8th Annual Christmas Jazz Concert, where incredible local artists Miles Black, Glenda Rae, and Brett Wade will once again put on a fantastically festive show. This always joyous evening also includes a silent auction, refreshments, and merriment.
Date & Time: Sunday, December 8th at 7:00 PM, doors open at 6:30
Location: The Sanctuary in Brentwood (1600 Delta Ave, Burnaby)
All proceeds raised go to Dixon House—our 10-bed emergency shelter for women and children fleeing violence. The transition house is staffed 24/7. Our trained and compassionate staff provide practical and emotional support for the women and their children. While at the house, women access food, clothing, basic personal and household supplies, workshops, counselling, and so on, all at no cost.
A special thank you to:
- Rev. Dr. Brian Fraser and the Sanctuary in Brentwood for hosting this event, and for their continued generosity and support of our work
- Miles Black, Glenda Rae, and Brett Wade for donating their time and talent for yet another year
Tickets are $25 on Eventbrite and $30 at the door.
Can’t make it to the event?
You can still support Dixon Transition House.
When you make a donation to Dixon Transition Society…
- You make it possible for women and children to find safety at Dixon, as well as the excellent support services offered by our experienced staff.
- You enable a continuum of care beyond temporary housing so that women’s success can be sustained.
- You show women that you believe in them and their right to be safe. You show women that you want them to have every opportunity to build a healthy, thriving life free from violence.