Our annual Christmas Jazz Concert is fast approaching! This year will be our 10th annual concert, and we are so excited to bring holiday cheer to you and your loved ones.
Location: Brentwood Presbyterian Church (1600 Delta Ave, Burnaby)
Date & Time: November 27th, 7pm to 10pm – doors open at 6:30pm PST
Featuring performances by our favourite Jazz Trio – Miles Black, Glenda Rae, and Brett Wade!
Besides musical performances, our concert will feature a silent auction with a variety of exciting items you wouldn’t want to miss out on! Stay tuned for more details.
All proceeds go towards Dixon’s Transition Society’s Transitional Housing Programs. These programs include first, second, and third stage housing which are staffed by trained and compassionate Support Workers who provide practical and emotional support for women and their children. While accessing our services, women are provided with food, clothing, basic personal and household supplies, workshops, counselling support, and so on, all at no cost to the client.
A special thank you to:
- Rev. Dr. Brian Fraser and the Sanctuary in Brentwood for hosting this event, and for their continued generosity and support of our work
- Miles Black, Glenda Rae, and Brett Wade for donating their time and talent for yet another year
Please note that to ensure the health and safety of all attendees, the capacity for this year’s concert is limited to 50 persons.
We acknowledge that this event, and our work at Dixon Transition Society, takes place on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Can’t make it to the event?
You can still support our Transitional Housing Programs.
When you make a donation to Dixon Transition Society…
- You make it possible for women and children to find safety at Dixon, as well as the excellent support services offered by our experienced staff.
- You enable a continuum of care beyond temporary housing so that women’s success can be sustained.
- You show women that you believe in them and their right to be safe. You show women that you want them to have every opportunity to build a healthy, thriving life free from violence.