Thank you for choosing to donate to Dixon Transition Society. Your help supports us to keep women and children safe and free from violence.
Please note we are in the process of changing and updating our in-kind donation policy, so please read carefully and follow instructions accordingly.
Guidelines for in-kind donations:
- Best rule of thumb: If you wouldn’t wear/use it yourself or let your child wear/use it, then neither would someone else. Please look into a different option for disposing of junk or worn items.
- Dixon Transition Society only accepts new, like-new, or very gently-used items.
- We accept in-kind donations on a need-based basis, so it is essential you contact our administrative office to ask about need, to mention what you’re interested in donating, and to schedule a time to drop off items.
- Our typical office hours are 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. However, those do change from time to time, so it again, please phone in advance.
- Items frequently needed:
- Gift cards from stores such as Superstore, Walmart, IKEA
- Loaded Compass Cards
- Full-sized, unopened toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, deodorants, soaps/body wash)
- Full-sized, unopened cleaning supplies
- Feminine hygiene products
- Child diapers and wipes
- General household items and supplies
- Basic furniture (depending on storage space)
- Some clothing (women’s, typically for women ages 25-45; children’s, all ages). Clothing is accepted on a seasonal and as-needed basis.
If you and a group of people (friends, neighbours, office, sports team, etc.) are interested in doing a supply drive or a sponsor-a-family project, please contact us! We always have ideas about how to best utilize our willing community members.
IMPORTANT: Please do not bring by any in-kind donations before calling or emailing staff at our head office and scheduling your visit.
Unfortunately, we do not have space or staff to accept all in-kind donations so we do reserve the right to turn away donations.
For all questions and scheduling, please contact the Communication and Resource Development Coordinator at email@example.com* or 604-433-4191.
* if you have a question about whether or not we can accept your clothing, furniture or household items, please attach a photo of the item(s) to your email.